Wednesday 14 April 2010

Cruwys/Cruse presentation on Slideshare

I was one of the speakers at the Guild of One-Name Studies DNA developments seminar which took place on 20th February 2010 in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. In the morning I gave a presentation on my Cruwys/Cruse one-name study and DNA Project, and in the afternoon I presented a short talk on marketing and promoting a DNA project. I had never given a public presentation before and was somewhat nervous at the prospect. Fortunately the talks went much better than I expected and it was not as daunting as I had imagined. Just under 100 Guild members and DNA project administrators attended the seminar and I had some very positive feedback. I think it helped that I spent a lot of time rehearsing the talks in advance and therefore knew the subjects very well. I am very grateful to Chris Pomery for encouraging me to give the talks, and for having the faith and confidence in my abilities. The full programme for the DNA seminar can be seen here. I have now made the presentation available on Slideshare, and you can watch it online by clicking on the button below.

No comments: