I have details of a number of marriages courtesy of two recent Guild marriage challenges. Colin Ulph undertook a search of the marriage registers in the Steyning Registration District in Sussex and was able to find two of the six marriages I requested. Jennifer Eagle searched the registers in the Lymington Registration District in Hampshire and located five of the six marriages I requested. I have put outline details of all the marriages below. If you are interested in any of these marriages do get in touch and I will supply the full certificate details. Many thanks to Colin and Jennifer for all their hard work.
Lymington Marriage Challenge
- 1862 St Thomas, Lymington: Samuel Richard Cruise (occupation illegible), son of Richard Cruise, blacksmith, and Hannah Elizabeth Roberts, daughter of John Roberts, mariner
- 1888 St Thomas, Lymington: Samuel Henry Cruise, boat builder, son of Samuel Richard Cruise, mariner, and Annie Maria Elford, daughter of John Elford, painter
- 1897 St Thomas, Lymington: Ada Florence Cruise, daughter of Samuel Cruise, sailor, and Frederick Earnest Moth, plumber, son of Jonas Moth, sail maker
- 1898 St Thomas, Lymington: Bessie Maude Cruise, daughter of Samuel Richard Cruise, mariner, and Robert Godwin, groom, son of Thomas Godwin (deceased), baker
- 1907 St Thomas, Lymington: Minnie Hettie Cruse, daughter of Samuel Richard Cruse, mariner, and Sidney Lance Collins, painter, son of William Alexander Collins (deceased)
- 1892 St Mary de Haura Parish Church, New Shoreham, Sussex: Clara Charity Cruse, daughter of Richard Cruse, gardener, and Louis Henry Everest, publican, son of John Everest, postman. (Chailey tree)
-1899 St Patrick's Church, Hove, Sussex: Arthur Edward Crews, stock jobber, son of Charles Thomas Daniel Crews, stockbroker, and Maud Helen Stewart, daughter of William Edward Stewart, physician.
© Debbie Kennett 2011