Family Tree DNA's 9th Genetic Genealogy Conference for FTDNA Group Administrators took place in Houston, Texas, from 9th to 10th November 2013. The full conference schedule can be found here. One of these days I would love to go to Houston to attend an FTDNA conference for myself but for now I have to follow the news on Twitter and hope that those who have attended the conference will share their experiences during and after the event. Fortunately this year we've had some wonderful coverage from the genetic genealogy blogging community and their reports are so thorough that it's almost as good as being there. I've provided the links below for all the reports that I've seen so far. I will update the list with any new content that is discovered. Do let me know if there's anything that I've missed.
Jennifer Zinck, who writes the Ancestor Central blog, has written three excellent and very detailed reports:
- Get your DNA test here! A tour of the Family Tree DNA lab
- 9th International Conference on Genetic Genealogy Day 1
- 9th International Conference on Genetic Genealogy - Day 2
Roberta Estes who writes the DNAeXplained blog has written a series of blog posts reporting from the conference and also a pre-conference preview:
- 2013 Family Tree DNA conference Day 1
- 2013 Family Tree DNA conference Day 2
- 9th International Conference on Genetic Genealogy
- 9th Annual Conference Reception
- 10 year pioneers recognized by Family Tree DNA
- Gene by Gene Genomics Research Center Lab Tour
Emily Aulicino, who writes the Genealem blog, has provide two reports from the conference:
- 2013 Family Tree DNA International Conference Day 1
- 2013 Family Tree DNA International Conference Day 2
Dave Dowell, who writes the Dr D Digs Up Ancestors blog, has provided the following two posts on the conference:
- FTDNA Conference Part 1
- ISOGG gears up for SNP tsunami
David Mittelman, Family Tree DNA's Chief Scientific Officer, has provided a very nice Storify version of the tweets and images emanating from the FTDNA conference:
- Family Tree DNA 2013 Conference Storify.
Finally, you might also want to check out my blog post on The new Big Y test from Family Tree DNA. This has attracted a remarkable amount of worldwide attention in the last few days and is already the third most viewed post that I've ever written!
This page was last updated on 14 November 2013.
© 2013 Debbie Kennett