Tuesday 8 June 2010

More from St George's Hanover Square

Guild member Sian Plant has kindly sent me the details of another marriage she found for me in her Marriage Challenge for the St George's Hanover Square Registration District. The details are as follows:

- 1897 St Matthew, Great Peter Street: Henry James Cruse, 28, labourer, son of George Cruse, engineer, and Elizabeth Chapman, 19, daughter of George Chapman, labourer

I don't currently have any record of Henry James Cruse in my database. There is no birth registration in England and Wales for a Henry James Cruse though I do have a number of Henry Cruses born around the right time who are currently unaccounted for. I've not yet been able to find any trace of Henry and Elizabeth in the 1901 or 1911 censuses and I have also been unable to find any likely candidates in the earlier censuses with a father by the name of George. If anyone has any information on this couple do get in touch.

© Debbie Kennett 2010

No comments: