- 37-marker Y-DNA test US $119 (£74) (usual price $149 (£92) )
- 67-marker Y-DNA test US $199 (£123) (usual price $239 (£148) )
- mtDNA Full Sequence for US $219 (£135) (Regular Price would be $299 (£123) )
- Family Finder US $199 (£123) (usual price $289 (£179) )
- Family Finder + Y-DNA 37 for US $318 (£197) (usual price $438 (£271) )
- Family Finder + mtDNAPlus for US $318 (£197) (usual price $438 (£271) )
- SuperDNA for US $418 (£25) (usual price $518 (£321), includes Y-DNA67 and mtFullSequence)
- Comprehensive Genome for US $617 (£382) (usual price $797 (£494), includes Y-DNA 67, mtDNA Full Sequence and Family Finder)
In addition, existing Family Tree DNA customers may order the Family Finder test as an add-on for $199 (£123).
The sale will end on Thursday 21st July at 11:59 pm US time (CST). Kits need to be paid for by the end of the promotion.
To get the best out of your DNA test make sure that you join some of the projects at Family Tree DNA. There are now over 6,000 different surname projects. If your name is not included in a surname project you can add your results to a geographical project. I have provided a full list of the geographical projects for the British Isles here. There are also projects for many other countries. I would be particularly pleased to welcome new members to my Cruse/Cruwys surname project and my Devon DNA project!
When you get your DNA results through you can join the relevant Y-DNA and/or mtDNA haplogroup projects. The ISOGG Wiki has full listings of all the Y-DNA haplogroup projects and mtDNA haplogroup projects.
If you want to understand how the Y-DNA tests work you can read this article I wrote for the Berkshire Family Historian. For more on the Family Finder test read my blog post from April last year when the test was first introduced.
If you have any questions about DNA testing or want to know which test to order do get in touch either by leaving a comment here or by e-mailing me direct.
© Debbie Kennett 2011