Wednesday 13 April 2022

A change for e-mail subscribers to this blog

Time has flown by and for one reason or another I've not had much time for blogging in the last year. I note that my last blog post was published on 19th March 2021. I hope to rectify that in the coming weeks and months. A lot has been happening in the genealogy and genetic genealogy worlds and we can look forward to many exciting developments.

I previously used the Feedburner service to send out e-mails to my blog subscribers. Feedburner was acquired by Google in 2007. In 2021 Google announced that they were going to focus on the core Feedburner features and would no longer be supporting e-mail subscriptions. I therefore had to look for a new solution. On the recommendation of my friend David Pike, I settled on a program called Mailer Lite. There was quite a steep learning curve but I hope I've now got everything sorted. If you were previously subscribed to my blog you've now been transferred to the new list. If you're reading this in your e-mail client then the transition has worked successfully. You may wish to add my e-mail address to your address book to ensure that the e-mails don't go into spam. I will monitor how the transition goes. If anyone has any problems do get in touch.

No comments: