Wednesday 10 January 2007

Cruwys Morchard ploughing match

I learn from Liz, the secretary of the Cruwys Morchard and District Ploughing Association, that they will be celebrating their 100th anniversary in 2008. To celebrate the centenary Liz is putting together a collection of material on the history of the Association and the annual ploughing match. I've been able to send Liz a wonderful photograph of the 1936 Cruwys Morchard ploughing match from The Times Digital Archive. If anyone has any other information or photos Liz would be delighted to hear from you. Please get in touch with me and I will pass on the information. For those of you with an interest in agricultural matters you might like to read my transcription of a newspaper article about a ploughing match which took place in Ashreigney in 1873.

No comments: